Organised by the Collaboration and Innovation Centre (CIC), the workshop was held at the SiRi Lab, Ground Floor, Faculty of Management (FOM) from 9.30 am to 4.30 pm.
The main objective of this workshop is to identify the gaps and provide recommendations for the development of MMU’s existing IPR Commercialisation Framework to ensure MMU reaps the reward from its research output & commercialisation efforts with the implementation of a robust IP Commercialisation framework and best practices of technology transfer.
Based on the workshop, a number of initiatives have been lined up and they are as follows:
- Increase in the number of invention disclosures
- Increase in number of patents having commercial potential
- Increase in the generation of revenue through technology transfer
- Bundling of the IP and Commercialisation Policy with the MMU Spin-Off and Startup Guidelines
- Upgrading of Technology Transfer Office in MMU
Effective IP Awareness Programme